10 Ways to Mess Up Your Life in 2014December 20, 2013
By now I am sure you have given some thought to the upcoming year. You probably have some goals, aspirations, and resolutions in place to achieve those specific objectives. We all want to be successful, but success doesn’t just happen. The thin line that separates failure and success is drawn with the finger of intention. We have to be deliberate when it comes to life.
No person in his right mind would take the next few weeks to order and coordinate his demise for the upcoming year; but sadly, it will happen. For many people, life will get off track. They will lose their focus, lay aside their faith, quit the ministry, walk away from family, and grow increasingly bitter with God. How does one guarantee such a fate? How do you miserably destroy 2014?
1. Keep Your Mind on Sinful, Worldly Events and Practices
2. Stop Reading Your Bible
3. Fail to Make Prayer a Regular, Daily Practice
4. Stop Going to Church
5. Have a Stingy Spirit and Wallet
6. Put Yourself as the First Priority of Life
7. Listen to the Devil
8. Lose Sight of Eternal Things
9. Don’t Tell Anyone About Jesus
10. Don’t Have a Plan for Spiritual Growth
No one would compile such a contemptible checklist on paper, but if we are not careful, we may manifest these items in practice. As C.S. Lewis said, “Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in; aim at earth, and you will get neither.”